Monday, September 8, 2008

365: 119

I am still in awe whenever I go to this particular Target store. It's brand new, the parking lot is very well lit and visable from a main road and the mall across the street. However, a little over a year ago, Kelsey Smith, a beautiful high school girl who had come here to buy a present for her boyfriend was abducted from here in broad daylight and later murdered. I saw the parking lot survellience video and she did not go without a fight. Every time I am here, I look around and see people and think "How did someone not see her, how did someone not hear her? How could something so terrible happen right here?" And I send a little prayer out to her family and friends...

2 comments:

Left Coast Wifey said...

I remember hearing about all that - that whole thing was so awful! It's a little eerie that you go to that same Target - but at least you are aware of your surroundings... and we know Kelsey is in a better place now too.

Anonymous said...

Kelsey's murderer will be sentenced on September 16 at 1:30PM at the Johnson County Courthouse. The family will have the opportunity to address the court at this hearing.