Monday, September 22, 2008

365: 134

It's hard to believe a year ago today, I first saw the face of my little Monkey. I had no idea how sweet his smile would be, what a great father The Hubs would be to him, or how much our lives would change.
I decided the dishes and cleaning could wait today and just spent the day playing with Monkey. We went to the park and I got such joy just from watching him, seeing all of these skills he's learned in just 12 short months, seeing his hair blow in the breeze, watching him study the world around him, and marveled at how much he will grow in the next year and the years to come.
We drove to Topeka and met up with The Hub's family for dinner. On the drive, we reminisced about the chaotic events leading up to Monkey's arrival (long story short, he was 7 weeks early and it was an emergency c-section. I wasn't awake for it and the Hubs was taken out of the room when they thought there would be complications.). We had a great time at dinner with Monkey and his cousins providing the entertainment :). Monkey stayed awake the entire way home and was asleep within minutes when I rocked him. I sat there, holding him and studying his face, his little hands, and thanking God for blessing us beyond what I ever could have ever imagined.
Happy Birthday, my sweet boy!

1 comments:

Michelle said...

Sniff, sniff. Totally crying. Children are the most amazing of all creatures, aren't they? From our experience so far, year number 2 is even better! Enjoy your little guy and dishes can ALWAYS wait :)