Monday, September 29, 2008

365: 139

Vegetarians readers, I would encourage you to look away and move right along to day 140... as for the rest of us carnivores, behold what the Hubs brought home during his grocery shopping:
10 pounds of hamburger that could break your foot if it rolled off the counter! And he was nice enough to mark it off into 1 pound increments for me (and they say chivalry is dead :) ). Now don't be worried that this was a slow news day in our house and I am boring you with a picture of a ground beef weapon, I also wanted to pass along one of the greatest tips I have ever gotten from Works for Me Wednesday. If you freeze hamburger and hate defrosting it, put it in quart or gallon storage bags and flatten it out. It defrosts much quicker and more even in the microwave.

1 comments:

Left Coast Wifey said...

The hamburger in a bag is something I've done for awhile - and it totally makes sense and saves tons of room in the freezer! Might I add something else to the WFMW? I've started labeling on the outside of the bag what is inside the bag. You would be surprised at how alike chicken, pork chops, and steak look when they are frozen!