Thursday, November 20, 2008

365: 191

Tonight was a pretty emotional night at work for and although I can't elaborate here, I will say that it is something that has had a profound effect on me. I watched someone go through what is undoubtedly one of my biggest fears. But in that tragedy and sorrow, I was able to see beauty. I was able to see professionals do their job with compassion and able to see an inner strength in a parent that even she didn't know she had. I was able to see resiliency and hope and I feel so grateful that I was able to take something from this and change my life with it. Hug your kids, parents, and friends a little closer, tell them how much they matter to you. Remember that life is too short for negativity and shortcomings, that is time that could be spent sitting in awe of the blessings that surround you. At least that is what I am going to try to do from now on...

2 comments:

Left Coast Wifey said...

That is a beautiful photograph... did you take it?

StephanieB said...

No, I wish I had! I couldn't think of a picture of my own to sum up the post so I borrowed this one.