Wednesday, December 10, 2008

365: 206

I had been asleep for about 2 hours when I got a phone call from Monkey's day care telling me that he wasn't running a fever but that he had a rash that started at his ankles and went up his legs to his back and had started to appear on his face. I headed over to get him and take him to the urgent care. Despite the cold, blustery weather, we got this nice little reminder of Spring at the pediatric Urgent Care: The doctor narrowed down the cause to a couple of issues, one of which being an allergy to an antibiotic that doesn't show up until the 7th or 8th day of the 10 day course. Monkey was on his 8th day of antibiotics for an ear infection. Then I remembered when Monkey got "viral hives," the rash looked just the same only worse and it was on his 8th day of antibiotic. Conclusion: Monkey is allergic to amoxicillin!

0 comments: