Thursday, March 5, 2009

365: 294

03/03/09
One of the hard parts of my job is not being able to speak the same language as some of the patients and families I care for. I can't imagine how scary it would be to have a child in the hospital and not be able to communicate whenever you need to. Luckily we have translators available 24-7, but sometimes if it's something small I use Babel Fish on www.altavista.com.

However, now I am a little concerned about the accuracy of Babel Fish!

My coworkers Julie, Alesia, and I were joking around about our Medical Rock Band Names and decided that we would be Aliquot (Julie), Hynotic Misc. (Me), and G-Tube (Alesia). We also used Babel fish to leave messages to each other in Spanish on Facebook. However when I entered my spanish message into Babel fish, the translation was hilarious. Julie told us "you guys suck" which was translated to "Individual inhale you them!"

0 comments: