Thursday, February 11, 2010

02.01.10

Houston, we have a problem....again.
For the second time in the 6 years I have worn my engagement ring, my main diamond fell out. 3 years ago, we were helping my brother in law and sister in law move and I hit it on a doorway as I was carrying a box. I immediately looked at my hand, saw it was gone and found it. This time wasn't so easy. Flashback to Saturday night, The Hubs and I are watching the KU vs K-State game and I trying to rally my team to victory by drinking some wine out of my awesome K-State wine glass my friend Tennille gave me. As I put some ice cubes in it (because I am classy like that!), I heard a faint sound like something had fallen on the floor. I looked all over, but didn't see anything. The next morning I got up early with Monkey, cleaned the house, swept the kitchen, and took out the trash. I was blow drying my hair when I saw the big gaping hole in my ring where the stone should be. I didn't say anything until my in-laws had left because I was sure it was in the bag of trash I had taken out after I'd swept the kitchen. The Hubs told me to go tuck Monkey in for his nap and we'd look when he was sleeping. Monkey and I dozed off after reading and singing and I woke up to The Hubs nudging me and showing a ziploc baggy with my diamond in it. I gently threw Monkey in bed and threw my arms around The Hubs, my hero :).It was the ring he chose, the one he put on my finger when he asked me to marry him, and the one I wore when we said I do... that little rock has a lot of sentimental value :)

0 comments: